Sample Wills - Will For Cohabitants
By Stan Taylor Written on:
Read More About:
Want to make a start on your will?
Making a Will is not about wealth it is about making sure that what you want to happen to your estate does happen. It gives you the opportunity to specify such things as who will administer your estate, who will care for your children and who will receive specific items of your property.
THIS IS THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT of me< - of
- I revoke all my former wills
- I appoint of and of to be my executors and trustees Own trustees')
- Subject to payment of my debts funeral and testamentary expenses and any tax arising by reason of my death I give all my estate to of if she survives me by 28 days
- If the said shall not survive me by 28 days or the gift to her shall fail for any reason I give my estate both real and personal whatsoever and wheresoever's to my trustees to collect in and hold upon trust
(a) to pay my debts funeral and testamentary expenses and any tax due as a result of my death
(b) to hold my residuary estate for any children born of my relationship with the said who survive me and reach 18 and if more than one in equal shares
(c) in the event of there being no children of our relationship or there being children who die before the age of 18 my trustees shall pay my residuary estate to my friend of
- It is my wish that no religious service be held after my death and that I be cremated after a simple funeral at which the song `XYZ' by ABC Band is played
IN WITNESS whereof I have signed this my will this day of [month year] Signed by the said as his [Signature of testator] last will in the presence of us [Signature of first witness] both being present at the same [Name, address and occupation of time who at his request and in first witness] his presence and in the presence [Signature of second witness] of each other have hereunto [Name, address and occupation of signed our names as witnesses second witness] Note this will envisages that children will be born in the future. If there are already children of the relationship, a guardian should be appointed. It is not usual to name a guardian unless there are already children alive. The birth of a child, especially the first, is an occasion for updating your will.